How do I completely uninstall Node.js, and reinstall from beginning (Mac OS X)
I'm trying to remove Node.js from my system so I can reinstall it using the NVM version manager.
I installed Node.js a while ago and according to node
--version, I'm running
I've had a look around but most of the answers i've found are limited to Node being installed via a PKG file and their remedies don't work for me..
- go to /usr/local/lib and delete any node and node_modules
- go to /usr/local/include and delete any node and node_modules directory
- if you installed with brew install node, then run brew uninstall node in your terminal
- check your Home directory for any "local" or "lib" or "include" folders, and delete any "node" or "node_modules" from there
- go to /usr/local/bin and delete any node executable
- go to /usr/bin and delete any node executable